December 10, 2009

a little biased


I want to live in within these walls

Les Arts Décoratifs

I have always been interested in Decorative Arts, and this museum is the first place I will haunt once I drop my bag.
This exhibit on the unmatchable MADELEINE VIONNET took my breath.








She is best known as the inventor of the bias cut - absolute genius. With the invention of the bias cut in the 1920’s Madeleine Vionnet became a household name in the world of Haute Couture. Many of Madeleine Vionnets designs are highly influenced by Greek art, flowing garments that do not constrict the wearer but flow beautifully around the body.
She designed for some of the biggest stars of the time such as Greta Garbo and Katharine Hepburn. She was once quoted as saying ‘when a woman smiles, then her dress should smile too’.

No comments:

Post a Comment